Sep

01

Alessandro Marchionne, new Chief Executive Officer of Genagricola

Alessandro Marchionne is the newly appointed Chief Executive Officer of Genagricola, Italy’s foremost agro-food company, controlled by Generali Italia, and among the leading agro-food companies in Europe.

Forty-seven year-old Mr Marchionne previously held the post of General Manager of Agricola San Felice (Allianz Group) after acquiring considerable experience in major companies operating in the food market.

Philippe Donnet, President of Genagricola, declared: “I am very pleased to welcome Alessandro Marchionne as head of a sector in which the Generali Group has been a protagonist since 1851. Marchionne’s aim is to develop Genagricola by adopting a new strategy for the market positioning of 24 agricultural enterprises, as well as by rationalising and improving the quality of its wine labels and significant attention to the development of foreign activities”.
Genagricola today comprises 24 different agricultural enterprises accounting for a total of 14,000 hectares of land in Italy and Romania and over 760 hectares of proprietary vineyards in Veneto, Friuli, Piedmont, Romagna and Lazio.
In 2013, Genagricola recorded sales of € 50 million deriving 60% from traditional agricultural production and energy generated from its two biomass power stations, and 40% from wine production, with over 4 million bottles distributed in the world under 8 different labels.

A new positioning for traditional agricultural enterprises
The 24 enterprises controlled by Genagricola operate in different agricultural sectors: fruit farming, herbaceous crops, seed production and animal nutrition, animal husbandry and the production of energy from biomass. Annual production exceeds 20,000 tonnes of cereals and soya, 45,000 tonnes of sugar beet, 40,000 tonnes of feed for animal husbandry, 9,000 tonnes of DOC, DOCG and IGT grapes, 2,600 tonnes of fruit, about 3,000 tonnes of milk and over 1,000 tonnes of pigmeat.
The new strategy is aimed at improving the agricultural enterprises owned by the group by giving their operations a more planned approach in line with modern agricultural management.

A new strategy for wine operations
Within Genagricola’s various enterprises, its 8 wine estates represent a sector in their own right. The new company strategy is based upon rationalizing reference vines, improving the quality of the products and emphasising export as the key to further growth. Its strategy is, therefore, premised upon a reduction in its wine production that goes hand-in-hand with the capitalization of its strong points, from the classical Prosecco and Pinot Grigio to such native vines as Ribolla Gialla of Friuli and Albarossa of Monferrato. Currently 60% of wine sales are accounted for by Prosecco marketed under the historic trademark Tenuta S.Anna and the new brand name V8+, while the remaining 40% is accounted for by the production of important Friuli whites such as Torre Rosazza, Poggiobello and Borgo Magredo and excellent reds such as Bricco dei Guazzi (Piedmont), Gregorina (Romagna) and Solonio (Lazio).

The definition of this new philosophy entails a constant commitment to improving the quality of the productive processes in both the vineyard and the cellar. For these matters the supervision of the project has been entrusted to an enologist, Mr Riccardo Cotarella.

Another of Genagricola’s objectives in these coming years is the reorganization of its sales network in order to give greater leverage to existing investments by setting up new logistic platforms in the USA and China.

other news

Mar

13

Vinitaly 2017

Discover the brand new vintages at Vinitaly 2017! Whether for business or for passion, you cannot miss the most important...

Read all

Jan

19

2017 Silver Medals for Poggiobello

Our wines were awarded at the International Wine Challenge, one of the most renowned International Competitions all over the world....

Read all

Aug

07

HAVE A NICE HOLIDAY!!!

We take a few days off before the harvest: We wish everyone good holidays, by the sea and evenings with...

Read all

May

13

Genagricola has its own Facebook fanpage!

Genagricola has its own Facebook fanpage!   Genagricola finally has its own page on the popular Social Network! Introduced last...

Read all

Apr

27

Best Sparkling Ribolla

POGGIOBELLO Ribolla Gialla Spumante Brut was selected as the best among single variety sparkling wine made with Charmat method. The...

Read all

Apr

27

Best Sparkling Wine

POGGIOBELLO Ribolla Gialla Spumante Brut was selected as the best among single variety sparkling wine made with Charmat method. The...

Read all

Mar

16

VISIT US AT VINITALY

A lot of news for Le Tenute di Genagricola: come and visit us in Hall 4 stand C / and...

Read all

Dec

25

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to You all fron Le Tenute di Genagricola!!

Read all